Form T - Combined Muster Roll cum Register of Wages
A combined Muster Roll-cum-Register of Wages (Form T) is to be maintained by each employer. Form T consists of the workforce's particulars on the payroll; including details of Over Time worked. This form has to be recorded and stored month wise and year wise for all employees. Wage sheet shall also record earnings and deductions component-wise.
Contents of Form T
The law prescribes that each employer shall maintain a combined Muster Roll-cum-Register of Wages (Form T) with details of all employees as per the given format, showing the following:
- Name and Address of the Factory or Establishment
- Name and Address of the Contractor (if any)
- Name and Address of the Principal/Employer
- Place of work
- Month and Year
- Name of the employee
- Employee's Father's or Husband's Name
- Employee id number
- Date of Joining
- ESI number
- PF number
- Wages fixed including VDA
- Day wise attendance for the month
- Number of Payable days
- Total Overtime worked
- Salary or wage details (component-wise)
- Details of deductions (component-wise)
- Net Salary or Wages payable
- Employee or Receiver's Signature or Thumb impression
Minimizes maintenance of multiple records
The Labour department prescribes this register to minimize maintenance of several records under various laws in force.
For example, in the state of Karnataka, maintenance of a combined Muster Roll-cum-Register of Wages (Form T) helps the employer to comply with the following statutory requirements as well:
- Form I and II of Rule 22(4); Form IV of Rule 28(2); Form V of Rule 29(1) of the Karnataka Minimum Wages Rules, 1958
- Form VII, Rule 29(5) of the Karnataka Minimum Wages Rules, 1958
- Form I, Rule 3(1) of the Karnataka Payment of Wages Rules, 1963
- Form XIII of Rules 75; Form XV, XVII, XX, XXI, XXII, XXIII of Rule 78(1)(a)(i),(ii)&(iii) of the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Karnataka Rules 1974.
- Form XIII of Rules 43; Form XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI, XXII of Rule 46(2)(a),(c) & (d) of Karnataka Interstate Migrant Workmen Rules, 1981.
Proforma of Form T (State of Karnataka)